It's been a while since I blogged about anything important. Don't worry, by the outlook of things the trend will continue I'm sure.

It's been one heck of a month really. Yup, jam packed with drama but unfortunately it's none of the kind you can blog about least the subject of the drama finds your blog. I suppose I could always write a 'based on real life events' novel whereby I change the names of the innocent and the not so innocent. Hmmm ~ could be a interesting career move for me.

Moving on. I've been considering some elective surgery. It's been a very long time since I've been able to buy a pair of jeans to fit all my curves rather than buying them for my Mommy tummy. I've worked with trainers, watched my weight and still haven't had much luck getting rid of the cottage cheese tummy.

After reading one of Jillian Michael's Q & A columns answering a readers question about specific exercises for the area, of which there are none, I decided to consult a surgeon. I'd be lying if I didn't tell you that upon entering his office I didn't feel a tinge of Real Housewives. The Dr. was very pleasant, explained all the new FDA approved procedures and which ones were permanent vs. not.

After viewing a slew of before and after photos I spent even more time at home thinking about all the psychological aspects of having elective surgery. Thought about all the 'how will I explain this to my daughter' questions and the 'loving who you are' quotes.

I spoke in depth to a handful of ladies who were nice enough to call me and give me honest feedback about their experiences. Then I tried to remember the last time I felt good about my cottage cheese. Honest, I couldn't remember a single day past my twenties.

I have the most supportive husband. He's known about my battle with specific body parts since he's known me, 18 years. He's supported all the work in the gym, outside of the gym, the menu changes in his life, numerous wardrobe changes and despite all those efforts knows I've had minimal luck.

He knows I'm not going for the super model look, not even close. I just would like to wear jeans that don't make me look like I've got a diaper on because I need to fit them to a unflattering stomach. I'd love to wear women's t-shirts that sit at my waist instead of buying over sized tent looking shirts ~ you know the ones I speak of.

So it's time. Later this week I'll be letting the 'tickle lipo' take care of my much dreaded Mommy tummy. I'll be out of commission, on great pain killers, for a couple of days so I'll be staying away from bloggy land during that time. Pain killers could make my judgement impaired (or so they say on the warning label) and I'd probably start talking about all the juicy drama I spoke of earlier so I guess it's for the best really.

So tell me, if you could change anything about your body what would it be and why? Or are you one of those that absolutely love everything about yourself and think I'm just caving in to today's society?
3 Responses
  1. I'd love to do that. UGH. BUT I personally I know I should just try to lose weight first. Then get the rest cleaned up. Sounds like you've already done that though!


  2. Are you living in my head? Because I've been having the SAME thought about my breasts--only I have sons, not daughters, but my inner feminist is having MAJOR issues with my vanity. Brava to you for being honest and brave!


  3. Hi, it's me again. I've caught up. My friend is going for the really serious surgery, I think having about 2/3 of her tummy removed. So ... as I wrote in the other post, it's pretty serious and almost not a choice, but rather, a choice to live. She has lost a ton of weight through the First Place for Health program, but now, she's got to go all the way in the life changes. I hope yours goes well, that you strictly follow the doc's orders. Take care of yourself, and let us know the outcome.