Every family has their secrets. Our is no different but I'm going to out this family and tell everyone we are Scholastic-a-holics. Yup, you've read that right. We are Scholastic-a-holics.


You can have your Kindles and IPads but not us. In this house we want our Scholastic books. As far as we are concerned, the only thing to trump the newspaper in our fingertips and smell of the flyer each month is opening one of the new books to smell the freshly printed ink as you read your first words. It's got to be like crack I tell you. *deep inhale* Ahhh ~ Scholastic!

Any parent of a school aged child knows exactly what I'm talking about. Each month they bring home the little newspaper flyer. In our case we know which week the flyer is coming home ~ told you ~ Scholastic-a-holics. Our kids hardly have their coats off when they begin circling the books they want to order on the way to the closest table. The lists have gotten so large each month I've had to limit them to just a few books and place the rest on their Christmas lists.

I'll even admit my obsession has gotten so bad that I'm volunteering to set up the Scholastic book fair at our children's school today & Monday. The anticipation of the truck showing up in a couple of hours is giving me the shakes. That's right, two whole days of smelling, touching and feeling those books before anyone else gets their hands on them. Squeeee!!

Hi. I'm Connie and I' a Scholastic-a-holic.
Labels: edit post
3 Responses
  1. Ooh...my sons love those little catalogs. I have to curb their enthusiasm. You're a good woman to volunteer to set up their fair!


  2. I still believe in the *written word* as well. You go Blarney!


  3. That's one of the best things about being a teacher! :)