When we last spoke I was feeling quite itchy while waiting for results of a biopsy. I am happy to report, after a week of itching, the lump removed was just a big ole mole. "Nothing to worry about" as the nurse so happily put it on the other end of the phone.

Needless to say I'll continue to feel itchy for a few more days until I return to have my stitches removed later this week. In the mean time I am concerned about my allergic reaction to every type of band aid adhesive on the market. The doctor even gave me a fist full of latex free band aides just in case but to no avail. I look as if I've been under the sun for way too long (a nice bubbly look to it) or like my skin is ready to peel off in layers if you touch it (red and just plan pissed off).

I've been moving the position of the bandages each day and letting what skin I can get some air to dry but I feel it's going to be quite a while before I'm wearing short sleeves again. Thankfully Mother Nature has cooperated and blessed us with some below freezing temps for the next week so there is no chance of shorts and tees in my future any time soon.

I'll let you go for now. I just inherited my Grandmother's silver service tea and coffee set which is is terrible need of polishing after years in storage (by storage I mean a cardboard box found in the depths of my Mom's damp basement piles). So it looks as if I'll be putting on my best Brie impression for the next couple of days while cleaning it up.
3 Responses
  1. So happy that the lump was benign!!!


  2. Diane Says:

    Yay! Glad to hear it!!!

    And good luck with that polishing.


  3. I hope you post a picture of the silver set! How cool!
    And yay for benign. Now, let's get that itch GONE.