... and I'm sorry. I've neglected my blog and more importantly YOU. As of this minute I have 165 blog posts to read but before I open the last bottle of Merlot to enjoy while reading your blogs I wanted to share my week with you.

It's week two in hubby's job search. Week two of having him home 24/7. I know for some of you the prospect of having your husband or significant other home with you fills you head with notions of having someone help with laundry, cleaning and other numerous chores. It just makes you feel all warm and mushy with love inside right. I mean you get to spend every waking moment with the person you married, your sole mate, the person you've promised to take care of in sickness or in health ... "It's going to be GREAT!" right?

Let me be the first to tell you it's only a dream and you need to be violently shaken from the dream. Honest, having your husband home will in no way resemble your dreams. You see our house has a routine; it's a well tuned machine. Honest, the addition of another parent at home 24/7 has disrupted and will disrupt your entire process. That's all I'm going to say for now.
If it wasn't for spending a peaceful 30 minutes watching the sun rise outside our family room each morning and the local coffee shops I've escaped to more than once we'd be divorced by now.

Now I'm off to your blogs ... TGIF everyone!
16 Responses
  1. Oh, Blarney. I know of what you speak!!


  2. It's a tough time. Sorry you guys are going through this right now. Enjoy the sunrises.

    Stopping by to say Hi from Ann's VGNO.


  3. Debbie Y. Says:

    It's great that you have such a fun sense of humor about it all. I will keep praying that he finds a job soon, if for nothing else but to get him out of the house before he drives you totally nuts. LOL


  4. Debbie Says:

    Have fun catching up! I'm here from GNO.


  5. Diane Says:

    I had that once. And I'm divorced now. Not saying the two were related... ;)


  6. nadia Says:

    Stopping by from GNO! I love your sense of humor! That's my way of getting through tough times too! Good luck to Mr Blarney, and I hope your balance is restored ;)


  7. ((Blarney)) I can't even imagine. The weekend is LONG lol.


  8. Oh, I can empathize with having the hubby home...that's why I refer to my hubby as the 'Hovering Hubby' - can never get done what I need to get done when he's home hovering! ;) Here's hoping Mr. Blarney will find a great job SOON so your well tuned machine can get back to normal... ;)

    Happy VGNO! :)


  9. thezeninyou Says:

    That's scary! My husband works from home quite a bit...totally hate that! I tell him she can't bother me in the morning before the kids go to school. It's amazing how one man can screw up a morning! Good luck getting to all those posts...


  10. thezeninyou Says:

    Ha...I just saw that I refered to my husband as "she" lol...too much wine while blogging...


  11. Yeah...I hate when my husband's home all day. We would have big issues if it lasted longer than a day or two. Glad you've been able to get out and away from him for awhile. And HOPEFULLY the job search will be successful very soon!


  12. Help with laundry? And CHORES???

    Yougottabekiddingme.


  13. Tausha Says:

    Men just don't get it. Every home is a well oiled machine by the woman chief executive! When my hubby's home-he really messes me up. I tell him I have to know what he is going to do in advance-I do have a life! Espescially is he is sick-forget it! Good Luck with the job search. My husband just found a new job. He starts next monday. We feel extremely blessed. Keep us updated. I will send good thoughts your way.


  14. Migraine Mom Says:

    That picture is breathtaking....I remember when hubby was out of work...we nearly killed each other...I do love the man...but too much togetherness will kill someone...


  15. I gotta say, good luck. I can't image the stress.


  16. Heather Says:

    Oh, sister, hang in there! Yeah, it sounds dreamy at first but after about two days I'm done. Sometimes PB works from home and it throws our entire routine into a tailspin. I hope he finds a job soon!