The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is a book unlike any other I've read before. It's smart, funny and made me feel as if I was reading long lost letters between pen pals, friends and lovers.

Set in 1946 not long after the second world war, you'll learn about life before, during and after the German occupation. I know, it's a heavy subject but it's well worth the read.

Now I'm off to clean out the car. Did you know my dual cup holder can hold 64 ounces of drink and ice without a cup? Who knew?!
5 Responses
  1. Ann Says:

    Is this a contest? Shall I go see how much MY cup holder can hold?
    ;->

    Where did you hear about this book? It sounds wonderful. If it wasn't for Oprah I wouldn't be aware of a lot of books. (How pathetic.)


  2. Um, I can't even read the title of that book...let alone the actual book!


  3. Diane Says:

    That book's been on my list so I'm glad to hear you liked it!

    Oh, and yeah, I knew at that about the cup holder. When it comes to spillage, I almost always know. Sigh.


  4. Wow! Thanks, Barney! Love to have good books recommended! I'm impressed with your taste!


  5. Tiffany Says:

    Oh, I can't wait. My favorite time period to read about!

    Ordering now.