Where to start?

As many of you know I've been pretty much out of commission for a week. The flu turned cold wasn't much better as the days ticked on; dare I say worse since I was only getting about 2 hours of sleep because I just.couldn't. breathe. I finally gave in on Wednesday and waited by the phone until the doctors office opened at 8am.

Joyce answered and I swear she was my Mother incarnate. Her gentle voice persuaded me to come in instead of speak to the nurse over the phone. When I arrived my dear sweet Joyce took one look at me and said "You look terrible. I am so glad you came in. Sit down. I will tell her myself you are here." That my friends is why I drive 45 minutes to the doctor. Good doctors and office personal are that hard to find.

The nurse took pity on me and ushered me to the scale immediately. I was horrified to see 2 additional pounds on the scale and quickly rationalized it as the extra snot I was carrying around in my sinuses. Once all the necessary vitals were taken my favorite doctor rushed into the room. After the 100 question and answer period I was diagnosed with a 'bad virus' aka nodda in the drug department. After a Netti pot lecture I was given a nasal spray sample and sent on my way to "rest as soon as I get home."

So even though I didn't get the 'good stuff' my doctor still retains her great doctor status because after becoming one with Netti, her brother Vicks and Mucinex I was able to breathe once again.

Thank you to everyone for your well wishes and messages of concern. It was wonderful to read them and I tried to visit your blogs as often as I could aka in between blowing my nose. So far the only one in the family to catch the cold is our dog. She's walking around with one eye open and the other tear stained and half closed; she has earned the nickname Little Pirate.

If anyone has some great natural remedies for our Little Pirate please feel free to share them. So far we have been concentrating on feeding her with Angel Eyes, keeping her well hydrated, eyes clean and extra cuddle time on the sofa. Let's hope for a quick recovery. I on the other hand still feel as if I have those green slime blobs from the Mucinex commercials in my sinuses.
11 Responses
  1. Heinous Says:

    Breathing is always good. You should be fine any day now.


  2. So glad you are back!!! ♥♥♥!!!


  3. Debbie Y. Says:

    I heard that a little apple cider vinegar in their water can make them feel better. Look it up on the internet, it's like a cure all for everything ailing a dog.

    Glad you are feeling better, even though you didn't get the "ggod stuff" from the doc. But Vicks is like a cure all for me. My momma used to slather it all over me when I was sick with a chest cold and even now if I just smell it I feel better.


  4. Anndi Says:

    First time visitor and fellow germ hostel.

    I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks and those germs really are mean.


  5. When I go to the Dr they ask me if I'm a new patient and I've been going there for 15 years lol.


  6. If at all possible....
    Get under about eight blankies.
    Slather yourself with Vicks.
    Drink a really strong hot toddy. Hot cranberry juice and vodka is a good substitute if you don't like hot toddies.
    If you can't breathe lying down make a huge bolster behind you.
    Make a tent out of the blankets, chug the toddy, invite the dog into your cocoon and sleep for two days. Feel better!


  7. Caroline Says:

    Poor thing! Sinus infections are the WORST!!! Thank goodness for the chemists that make vicks and mucinex! I personally love to put vicks under my nose, put a towel over my head and inhale steam from a just boiled pot of water...talk about letting it all out!

    Get better soon!


  8. wolfqueen2 Says:

    We have had the "Snot Monster" hhere at our house too. Boy he sure gets around. 2 out of the 6 family members got away scott free. Thanks for you comment on Bella World. It's always great to hear from you. Hope you are all better now.


  9. Mariah Says:

    Ick, hope you are feeling better :) I agree on driving the extra distance for a good doctor. Your Dog is sick?? I give my dogs fish oil vitamins in their food, I swear it keeps them healthy


  10. OMG! I'm laughing soooo hard at the two pounds of excess snot. Very funny!


  11. Teri Says:

    So glad you are on the mend. That sounds like a wretched cold.