Blank screen. Stare. Nothing. Blank screen. Stare. ~ Sigh.

As many of you know I have been working on donating quite a bit or my Mom's things since she passed away. I have come to her library collection and decided to donate them to my Grandmother's Senior Living Apparentments' library. The complex was so wonderful to my Grandmother and was equally wonderful to my Mom while Grams was a resident.

Two years ago the kids school had a ice cream social to thank all the parents who donated time during the year. In addition to the ice cream and social time, each family picked out a new book purchased by the school district for the library and signed it as a remembrance of their donated time. It was a wonderfully touching idea.

Today I am creating remembrance labels for the books I am getting ready to donate but can't seem to come up with a phrase other than the traditional "In remembrance of".

Must be all the rain drowning out my creativity.
If anyone has any ideas ~ I'm listening.
8 Responses
  1. leezee52 Says:

    I remember when my Mom died she had 50+ years worth of knitting and sewing stuff so we had a garage sale and people were flocking to our house to buy them...wow!


    Thanks so much for visiting me on my special day…I could hardly sleep last night I was so excited!

    Lee :)


  2. Diane Says:

    How about, "Because she was just SO cool... Remembering (name)" ? :)

    You're doing something that can make your heart ache... and heartache can drown out creativity.

    Hope tomorrow's better :)


  3. Insane Mama Says:

    I got a case of it too! I think it's the seasonal change, I REALLY do


  4. I have no ideas, but good luck!
    AND welcome to the OSB!!!


  5. Caroline Says:

    Wow...it is harder than I would think. How about something like "In joyful memory"?? Sorry it's not more creative...


  6. Migraine Mom Says:

    How about "passing on her love of reading...in loving memory of my mom"... My heart aches for you..be kind to yourself....the creativity will flow again...


  7. Penelope Says:

    I love the idea of putting something in the books in remembrance of your mother. I think it's beautiful.

    I don't have any ideas, but I do wish you luck in coming up with something that's meaningful to you.


  8. Tiffany Says:

    I like the ideas given... what a beautiful way to honor your moms memory... you are a wonderful daughter.