It’s pretty dreary here today; overcast and rainy.
Here’s a cute story. I was vacuuming earlier when I heard a loud banging coming from the basement. I thought either the water softener was acting up or someone was in the basement so I went down to check it out.
I opened the basement door only to find 4 HUGE turkeys standing next to one of the basement windows. Here they were fanning their tails and banging their wings against the window. Apparently they thought I should let them in so they didn’t have to stand out in the rain or give them something to eat ~ I think not!
I banged right back on the window and they took off via wobble for the long grass in our yard. As I type this note they have called over 6 more from their flock and they are all just standing in the tall grass … taunting me outside the office window. Crazy birds!
Thank goodness Bruno the cardinal has been gone for a while otherwise I would have to call the men with little white jackets over to save me!
8 Responses
  1. Insane Mama Says:

    Maybe they were cold and wated to get out of the rain. Stupid me, I would have invited them in


  2. Migraine Mom Says:

    Oh that would have scared me! we get turkeys on our backyard too and sometimes they'll just sit there and stare at you, almost challenging you to just try and shoo them away!


  3. Nicole Says:

    That is so funny, you could have had one heck of a Thanksgiving!


  4. Diane Says:

    Aaaggghhhh! I hate turkeys! Well, fowl, actually (live, not dead... they're yummy dead). But they give me the heebie jeebies! You know how they make news reporters stand in the middle of a yard full of turkeys and give their reports at Thanksgiving? THAT is the sole reason I never became a reporter!


  5. Karen Says:

    That is so cool! I want chickens and turkeys. Do you kill them, or just do the cooking?


  6. Kat Says:

    I can't imagine turkeys banging on my door. I can't imagine seeing turkeys out my window. I can't imagine seeing turkeys anywhere other than the grocery store. :-)


  7. Debbie Y. Says:

    When I lived in KY in the early nineties, I took a shortcut to get home and was driving on a winding backroad in my teenie weanie little car when I came over a rise and to my surprise there was a huge turkey standing in the middle of the roadway with his feathers all fanned out and flaring, strutting his stuff. I beeped the horn for him to move and he gobbled back at me. I couldn't go around because the turkey seemed as big as my car. He didn't move right away so I sat there for a good five minutes or so waiting on him to get out of my way. I don't know if I wasn't the bigger turkey in this rendition of the story by letting him get the best of me.


  8. Tiffany Says:

    Ah! I would have freaked out. All I have in my backyeard or nosey neighbors!