It's funny how suddenly out of nowhere your kids get interested in holidays; you are never as prepared for it as you think - I am no exception. Sunday morning we were watching a special report on Memorial Day. Afterwords my daughter asked if we could go visit Great Grandma and if she could make her something special. Choking back tears I told her we needed to have something that didn't get wrecked in the rain so she decided we needed to get some flowers. After her careful decision making at the local nursery, we will be planting some small geraniums at both Great Grandma & Great Grandpa's grave sites Monday. This is our first visit as a family and I am still blinking back tears while I am posting. I am so proud of her not only because she understands the deeper meaning in remembrance but also because she is who she is at such a young age.
Labels: edit post
5 Responses
  1. Well, Mrs. Blarney, you raised her up right. You'll have lots of proud moments to come.


  2. Tiffany Says:

    You've got me choked up. What a sweet girl and such a nice thought and lovely gesture.


  3. Heather Says:

    What a sweet girl you have!!


  4. my2boyz Says:

    I find it amazing when our children "get" it. You are doing a great job!


  5. That is so sweet that your daughter has such a generous heart. Nice work, mom