Two nights ago I dreamed the in-laws were coming for the weekend. I seen myself completely disheveled (messed hair, wrinkled clothes, no makeup) frantically scrubbing floors while the dog is barking incessantly to be let outside, strapped to the wash machine & dryer doing double digit loads of laundry while the damn buzzer screams out every 20 minutes, secretly cleaning my kids rooms while they are at school and racing down the isles at the local grocery store knocking other Mom's out of my way while trying to fill my empty fridge with anything so that I wouldn't have to endear that "there's no food in this house" look from my MIL.

At 3 am I woke up in a state of panic and unable to return to sleep. After a couple of hours of tossing and turning I knew my day was going to suck ... just didn't know how badly at the time.

Not unlike an episode of Medium (love it) later that morning I received an email from the in-laws requesting a visit while they make their way back from the west to their home in the Midwest ~ this weekend! With no time to waste I have become the person in my dreams. I know I have got to get it together before I become completely unhinged but I just don't have time for that right now.

Excuse me while I put on my best Brie impersonation for the weekend ...
3 Responses
  1. Tiffany Says:

    Brie impersonation... so funny.

    Well, good luck with the laundry scrubbing, grocery store antics and everything you need to do.

    At least you are great at writing entertaining posts... I bet you MIL and SIL can't hold a candle to you there.


  2. Alright, I really feel for you. I've got a "very lived in" house and I panic every time the doorbell rings.


  3. Get thee to thy corner liquor store! Good luck. I feel your pain but it would be my parents, not my in-laws. Again, good luck!