Ahh ... it's Monday. I know, most hate Monday but for me ... specifically this week ... Monday means the kids are back in school and the in-laws have hit the road for their second home. Whoa ... dial in the favorite XM station, hard right on the volume and dance the morning away!

After my not so secret celebration, our little noise maker and I took a neighborhood walk. There she is in all her glory. She's a Pom who has been trimmed because while her Mom loves her, the amount of hair left everywhere in the house is not loved so much.

I have to admit it's been quite a few weeks since our last walk and even longer since I've hit the gym but it felt good afterwards. During the walk I was 'lapped' by another walker in the neighborhood but the way I see it she didn't have a dog who needed to sniff every leaf, dirt pile, and pooh pile combined with the occasional garbage & butterfly chase. All in all not a bad walk: 49 minutes & 315 cal. Let's just hope I can do the same tomorrow but that will depend on my ability to get out of bed ... I am fully expecting leg cramps in those wee overnight / morning hours.

My last post encouraged all to come up with a moment of their day and describe it as a candle scent ~ here's my scent of the day:

12:00 am - 12:49 pm - "Farm Fresh Walk ala Spring" A mix of hot tar and freshly spread manure on rolling open fields with a hint of barely blooming lilacs on a windy day. A pungent scent that will stay with you all day.
Labels: , edit post
3 Responses
  1. Tiffany Says:

    I am so happy for you to have an "empty" house. You MIL comments on the blogs had me laughing out loud.


  2. Paul Sears Says:

    great pic on your header!


  3. Hey ... I could help with MIL but I can help with the sniffing dog!

    Put vanilla on a cotton ball and apply directly to your dog's nose. It is complete harmless and it will decrease what your dog sniffs. Cool, huh? We had four great danes and walking them took more energy that I had. The vanilla thing changed my life!