Week 4, yes it's week 4 of hubby's unemployment and we are still married.

I'll admit it's been a bit rocky. I've relocated to the kitchen, dining room or local coffee haunt depending on my mood; he's taken over my office never mind I am the one employed.

He's unequivocally decided our IP is too slow and is looking into another IP provider; amazing what a difference not having a employer air card can make.

Finally, he's begun to ask me if he can help out with anything. So far he's learned to vacuum, take & pick up the kids from school and may even graduate to laundry this week; pending he can remember to take things out of the dryer in a timely fashion ~ this past week didn't work out so well for his dress shirts.

So as you can see there's good in the bad, unfortunately it's going to be another long week.
9 Responses
  1. Diane Says:

    At least you're looking for the positives :)


  2. Glad you're still married and he's actually helping out! Yay!


  3. Ugh! Honey, I know what you're going through. When it happened to my hubby years ago, I started catering and it damn near killed me. I was sleeping like 4 to 5 hours per night, still being a full time Mom and cooking the rest of the time.

    At least your hubby asked if he could help out.... mine never did. He rented his own office w/ a former co-worker & just kept going to his office every day & I have no clue as to what he was doing.

    He finally started getting work on his own & I eventually moved on to something else. Hard times can make or break a marriage, depending on how you either pull together or fall apart. We kind of did a little of both & somehow managed to survive.

    My wish for you is that you keep your wonderful sense of humor & not resort to hurting him in any way, lol.. I know how hard that can be. Be strong!

    My prayers & best wishes are with you...


  4. Mama Dawg Says:

    I love that he asked, though. Good man.


  5. Debbie Y. Says:

    Praying that he finds something soon, before he gets "kilt."


  6. Ann Says:

    And another day down.
    How are you tonight?
    (Make sure he has a cocktail and fuzzy slippers waiting for you when you get home ;-> )


  7. Not all those who wander are aimless... Says:

    It will get easier. I am not married, nor do I ever plan to be so, but My dad got laid off when I was growing up and I remember him driving my mom NUTS! it finally got to the point where he found the bread maker that hadn't been used Ever and started making a loaf for everyone we knew and delivering it every day so he had some place to go where he didn't piss my mom off. Those were good times though and the home made raison bread was AWESOME!! Hang in there. Eventually my dad found his way in business for himself and is doing great now. The same will happen for you, Blarney!


  8. Karla Says:

    Thanks for stopping by today! Much appreciated. Sounds like we're both going through some trials right now. We'll all be alright though! Things will get better. Glad you are getting some help around the house.....that's nice.


  9. Kat Says:

    Sending some lovin' your way!!