Shamelessly lifted from a email sent to me and shared with you
becasue I understand and support you.
Before I was a Mom -
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom -
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mom -
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mom -
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom -
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mom -
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache,the wonderment
or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mom.
Labels: , , , edit post
12 Responses
  1. Heather Says:

    Awww...this is SO true. It got me all choked up!


  2. Before you were a mom, you would have had time to write something like that ...


  3. wolfqueen2 Says:

    Wow not a dry eye here. That was beautiful


  4. Kat Says:

    Don't you love it when an email land in your in box and makes your blogging life just a smidge easier. I'd love for one to smack me upside the head as I have *no* idea what to write about today...


  5. Tiffany Says:

    Okay, I need to get a grip.. I am all teared up and missing my son (who just left for school.)


  6. christie Says:

    Beautiful, touching. Thanks for sharing!


  7. Insane Mama Says:

    Before I was a mom, i'm sure I knew how to at least match up my flip flops properly


  8. wolfqueen2 Says:

    Btw Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please feeel free to come by any time. I am usually home. My welcome mat will always be there.



  9. Ann Says:

    Thank you so much for posting this!
    (Before I was a Mom... I had no idea I had the capacity to be such a 'Momma Bear'. Who knew?)


  10. my2boyz Says:

    Awww....love it! Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day, I still have a commnet hangover!